Dishwasher in Island

My nephews wife wants a dishwasher but doesn't have room next to the sink, so she decided to have and island counter installed for dishwasher adjacent to the sink counter. I would like to know the correct procedure for plumbing in the drain.
For the vent you need to drill a hole in the counter top next to the sink and run an inch and a quarter vent up through the roof. You can paint the pipe or decorate it. I've seen some done up like barber poles; also works for candy cane type decoration for Christmas.
Good luck.
MM

adjacent
plumbing
"Mark Monson"
I think it'd be OK to reroute the vent below the floor.
there is a vent called an island vent. It basicly is a loop under your cabinet. This can be done here by code, and it is entirely below floor/cabinet.
"Ned Flanders"
Yeah, I just couldn't explain all the details.
I hate it when nobody gets the joke.

"Mark Monson"
I now officially hate myself and I officially apologize.
Just drill a hole in the floor, and stick the drain...... Oh nevermind Dale

You forgot to mention placing the d.w. in concrete channels ( I felt stupid even pushing the send button, but couldn't help myself). :)
Dean

sink,