Dishwasher in Island

My nephews wife wants a dishwasher but doesn't have room next to the sink, so she decided to have and island counter installed for dishwasher adjacent to the sink counter. I would like to know the correct procedure for plumbing in the drain.

Reply to
BLH

For the vent you need to drill a hole in the counter top next to the sink and run an inch and a quarter vent up through the roof. You can paint the pipe or decorate it. I've seen some done up like barber poles; also works for candy cane type decoration for Christmas.

Good luck.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson

"Mark Monson"

I think it'd be OK to reroute the vent below the floor.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

there is a vent called an island vent. It basicly is a loop under your cabinet. This can be done here by code, and it is entirely below floor/cabinet.

Reply to
Ned Flanders

"Ned Flanders"

Yeah, I just couldn't explain all the details.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

I hate it when nobody gets the joke.

Reply to
Mark Monson

"Mark Monson"

I now officially hate myself and I officially apologize.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Reply to
Dale Wilcox

You forgot to mention placing the d.w. in concrete channels ( I felt stupid even pushing the send button, but couldn't help myself). :)

Dean

Reply to
Lori & Dean Wigmore