Dishwasher Electrical Hookup?

I am installing a dishwasher. I bought a pigtail that is all gray in color, flat cable with 3 wire and plug connected. It is a GE plug for dishwasher hookup.
I know the green wire goes to ground on the dishwasher. The other two wires are both copper in color. And the housing is gray. The difference is that one wire has groves on the coating and the other does not. Which one goes to the Black wire on the dishwasher and which one goes to the White wire on the dishwasher?
Thanks
Dave wrote:

(naturally) goes to the Black.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
"Jeffy,
Have you been gone a while, or am I just mixed up?
Mike
Mike Grooms wrote:

Nope, still lurking and learning, but adhering a bit more to the words of Mark Twain - "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Still can't resist pontificating on things electrical though...
Best to all,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia