Direct water heater

Hi There I wonder if anyone can help me with this water heater of mine its a Main Medway Automatic The problem is I can not get it to light anymore, the pilot is out and the ignition button wont make it light. Hope someone out there has an answer?
Take care, bye
Dave
If it is like most gas appliances with a constant pilot and you haven't accidently turned off a valve then it might be the flame sensor (thremostat like thing usually mounted in the path of the pilot flame). It is either gone bad or has moved so that it fails to sense the flame and then does its job by turning off the gas (or doesn't turn on the gas, rather). Readjust position and if that don't work then replace it.
I assume you have lit this in the past successfully and the ignitor makes a spark even though it does not light the pilot. So we are not having operator error.
Could also be the control valve has gone bad in some way.

call an expert to replace the thermopile/couple, gas is not a first timers repair job.

I've said this in the past, I'm a 20% burn victim. You light it keep your face turned away have long sleeves on. Sometimes the gas gets dumped in the heater and then flames up to 20' come out. The first thing almost all people do is take a DEEP BREATH upon seeing a sudden fire. Burn your lungs you hang on for one week then die. I seen it and its painful.

Cheers Guys Thanks for all the advice. Yes I have had it working for a long time, then it started going out but would light after a while. This time it wont light at all. I think an expert has to be called, I don't think I have the knowledge.
Thanks Again guys Take care, bye
Dave :)