Convert from 1/2" copper male to 1/2" NPT male

My plumber, instead of putting a 1/2" NPT male pipe sticking out of my shower wall (which is now fully tiled) for a shower wand (Grohe) connector put a 1/2" copper pipe.
If I use a 1/2" copper to 1/2" NPT fitting, the shower wand connector will sit too far off the wall.
Is there any fitting, like a sleeve, which will fit OVER the 1/2" copper to make it into 1/2" NPT, or might there be something which goes INSIDE the copper.
It's always something!
Thanks, Jim
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

MM
Mark, I am doing the finish plumbing since I've found out during this project that the only way to get things done right is to do them myself. Should have done the rough-in, too. Anyway, the rough-in was done by the builder, who is not a plumber by trade. He made a mistake. I can't have him tear out the tile, etc. Mark M. wrote:

[Sounds like what happened to me. I had a new guy helper and he did that too. He left the 1/2" CU stubb in, the stubb is there only for testing.]
The Ell should be Winged with 2 drywall screws holding it firm into a 2"x6" or 2"x4".
(1/2" Ell female x 1/2" sweat winged.)
Get a strap wrench and remove the copper. Replace it with the proper chrome shower goose or nipple.
I would not do it as the home owner, demand the Plummer come back. What if he did *NOT use a winged Ell ? The pipe may break from the strap wrench. Then all has to be ripped out and repaired.
Every home built this week in America has proper shower fixtures, ask why the hell you can't have it also.

JP, I checked a photo I had taken of the rough-in (lucky me) and it seems that the copper stub has a hex head on the end which is attached to the winged ell. Great! Right?
Demanding that the plumber (who was actually one of the builder's employees who's a jack-of-all-trades) come back could exacerbate the "problem." I've found that the only way to get things done right is to do them myself.
I'll send you a pic and you tell me what you think, OK?
Thanks!
Jim
JP wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net Sound good so far.

Jim, if you break that pipe...... If he does its up to them to repair !
Well, be careful, slow steady pressure and think of how much its going to cost you if you break it.....new tile drywall repair 2 days, that nice pissed off feeling we all love to get....
Put a nipple in, Ok. Check for leaks for a few days too. Down in the access panel area.

you can hammer wood into the copper so it doesn't crush when you remove it.
But I have to say FUCK YOU on the only way to have it done right statement.
Id say you are the fuckwad who hired a "jack-of-all-trades" to do plumbing, a profession which requires a license just like a doctor or lawyer.
Try hireing a good plumber to receive good plumbing.
BTW sounds like he did it right and you were about to "do it wrong"

Ned,
It's good to see you carrying out your duty.
Mike
he he

It makes my day !!

Hey Douchebag,
I hired a general contractor for my project. Many general contractors do their own plumbing. Duh! It's what the world "general" means. Look it up! I used a general contractor who employs someone who is experienced and educated in plumbing.
The last true plumber I hired (who is licensed and works for a local plumbing contractor) didn't know his ass from a hole in the wall. I have seen all the tradespersons on this project and, believe me, no one in this neck of the woods (that I've seen so far) gives much of a shit about his quality of work. It's get in, get it done as quickly as possible and get out. Licensed or not, that's how it is.
I take pride in MY work, and after seeing how EASY plumbing is, I'm going to be doing my own from now on. And, comparing a plumber's license to that of a doctor or lawyer is laughable. Get a grip!
Ned Flanders wrote:

My doctor is jealous of my house. And if plumbing is so easy, why are you here asking how to install a shower head? Something a housewife could do.....
Bob Wheatley
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Heh heh. That's funny.
MM