Compression Fittings on Type L Rigid Copper ???

I am finishing a remodel as a homeowner although I have done most of my rough plumbing. But I am wondering about the angle stop connections. I used L copper and want to install my angle stops inside of my new custom made cabinets! I don't really want to solder for obvious reasons and was going to use compression fittings but I have read that compression fittings are not recommended for type L rigid copper, only type M. If I don't solder and can't use compression fittings, what do I do, use a copper epoxy??? Is it a hard and fast rule not to use compression fittings with type L copper. I guess I could use a mini torch or something. Not sure what to do. Also, is the standard supply hose 12" for toilets and, 18" for sinks?? Help if you can!!

Reply to
Michael Roback

Where did you read that?

If I don't solder

Reply to
Mark Monson

About 6 months ago I used epoxy on two joints where a torch would have been awkward, yet a leak wouldn't have done much damage. It was easy to apply and has held up so far, though my maximum pressure is only 40psi so it might not be a definitive test.

I haven't any idea about compression fittings on type L, but then again I haven't used a compression fitting except where it came as a component.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

Why would a compression fitting be any less reliable on L than on M? The o.d. is the same. I use compression fittings on L, M and K and have no problem.

Boden

Michael Roback wrote:

Reply to
EL

"EL" wrote

Same here but this thinking is because some dummies mistakenly think compression fittings have to ruin the tubing to seal and K & L not being crimped very easily won't seal.

Reply to
Gary Slusser