Combination Boiler

Hi All

I've got a combination boiler and whenever you use hot water for a prolonged period of time, say a long shower, then the radiators in the house get hot too, even though the heating is off. Is this ok, and if not what could be the problem?

Regards

Don

Reply to
Donna Bassett

Probably a broken or tired diverter valve, although occassionally another cause is found.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Oh right. Any ideas how much this is to replace, and whats the consequences if I don't sort it?

Thanks

Reply to
Donna Bassett

consequences

Consequences are that the heating/hot water may fail completely, or that the rads may get hotter at even more inappropriate times.

I don't know about costs, as the parts vary widely between manufacturers and you haven't given model. Someone on uk.d-i-y might give you a figure and might even point you at someone reliable in your area.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle