Combi timer

We have recently had a Ravenheat combi boiler fitted in a cupboard at floor level. This position makes it very difficult to read the dial for the timer. I asked Ravenheat whether it would be possible to have the dial relocated elsewhere on the boiler, or externally, by extending wiring. They replied that I could use a remote timer which must have volt free connections (whatever than means), but this is not something that they supply. Does anyone know how to get a remote timer, preferably one that I could fit myself?
David, Manchester.
Try posting on uk.d-i-y

Most timers have volt free connections eg ACL Drayton LP111 or LP711 (7 day). You could also fit any programmable room stat which works like a thermostat with time settings