Coffee grounds and plumbing?

I had a plumber tell me "Never put coffee grounds down the sink". I don't know why,and I'm asking for your advice. I have a septic tank. Would this make a difference?
PS: I no longer have this plumber,as he has messed up mostly everything he touched. I won't even call him back to fix leaks that he "fixed". Thanks for any help.
Herb wrote:

Google for:
+"coffee grounds" +plumbing
You'll get a zillion hits telling you that coffee grounds are notorious for clogging drains and quite a few saying not to let them get into septic systems either.
With that many warnings, I think you ought to believe them and your ex plumber regardless of your other reasons for not respecting his knowledge and skills.
HTH.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia