Cast Iron Bathtubs on Wood Shims??

Noticed that new cast iron bathtub was set on a wall ledger and front ledge and feet are shimmed on wood shims for level. I thought that bathtubs are generally set between concrete channels in case of earthquakes. Does the tub supported on ledgers on both sides and sitting on wood shims under feet seem reasonable?

Reply to
Michael Roback

under feet seem reasonable?

In a word, YES!!

Doug

Reply to
PLUMBGURU2

"Michael Roback" .

Boy, if I had a nickle for every tub I installed that was knocked out of level by an earthquake, I'd be a rich man. That concrete channel idea is wonderful....How is it that I've never heard of it before???

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Oatey makes prefab concrete tub channels. They're called Crete-Ins®.

Reply to
Mark Monson

"Mark Monson"

Gee, I hate it when nobody gets a joke.

Reply to
Mike Grooms

Ha ha. Mike got that one. :)

Reply to
Mark Monson

Well, ya lost me! What's the scoop on these "Crete-Ins"? Not that we have all that many earthquakes here in sunny AB, but one can never be too careful! :)

Dean

Reply to
Lori & Dean Wigmore

Cripes Dean, I guess I'm getting too clever for my own good. There aint no crete-ins. I made it up cuz I'm a cretin.

MM

Reply to
Mark Monson