Cast Iron Bathtubs on Wood Shims??

Noticed that new cast iron bathtub was set on a wall ledger and front ledge and feet are shimmed on wood shims for level. I thought that bathtubs are generally set between concrete channels in case of earthquakes. Does the tub supported on ledgers on both sides and sitting on wood shims under feet seem reasonable?
Add pictures here
✖

In a word, YES!!
Doug
Add pictures here
✖
"Michael Roback" .

Boy, if I had a nickle for every tub I installed that was knocked out of level by an earthquake, I'd be a rich man. That concrete channel idea is wonderful....How is it that I've never heard of it before???
Add pictures here
✖
Oatey makes prefab concrete tub channels. They're called Crete-Ins®.

Add pictures here
✖
"Mark Monson"
Gee, I hate it when nobody gets a joke.
Add pictures here
✖
Ha ha. Mike got that one. :)

Add pictures here
✖
Well, ya lost me! What's the scoop on these "Crete-Ins"? Not that we have all that many earthquakes here in sunny AB, but one can never be too careful! :)
Dean

Add pictures here
✖

✖