Booster Pump Connection - Size?

I have a 5000 Gallon Tank that I have a 1 1/2" supply that will be feeding a house with a 1 1/2" line.

The house could have 3 showers, Dishwasher and Laundry all going at the same time. What size booster pump should I be looking at? I was thinking a 1HP minimum.

Then what is the best way to connect the booster pump to the PVC? I was hoping to get some sort of Flex piping similar to the stuff that is connecting the Pool equipment. Help cut back on the vibration to the rigid conduit and to the structure. Though have not found much in the Flex 1 1/2" connections. Any Suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

HP is only one factor. You want to look at the volume (GPM) and the pressure. Determine your requirements first.

If the pump is properly mounted and the PVC is properly connected and supported, it is better than a flex pipe that can flex and crack over time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

So how do I determine my GPM? I figure 3 showers @ 2 GPM, and the Dish and Close washer at maybe 1 GPM, so that would be 8GPM, so make it an Even 10 GPM, Pressure we would like between 40 and 70 PSI . I think we are between 30 and 60 now and its a bit low.

Hmmm... have not thought of the Flex Cracking. It will be all Indoors and out of any Sunlight.

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

The flow sounds about right for showers, but the washer is probably more, maybe 10 gallons itself. I don't know the capacity of the typical machine, but I think they use 15 to 20 gallons per cycle so you can time how long it takes to fill . "Normal" pressure is about 50 psi but 80 to 100 is not our of the question. If you have the right piping, that should carry the load.

It is probably overkill to gear up to supply every water using appliance in the house at the same time. If three people are taking showers, just shut the clothes washer off for a few minutes and save a lot of aggravation and potential temperature fluctuations.

What is going to turn the pump off and on? Is it going to be set up with a pressure tank between the pump and point of use?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We have a Front Load washer, and I think it uses 2.5 gallons per cycle(Wash, Rinse). So we make it 15 GPM to be on the safe Side?

To add a Wrinkle The reason for having 3 Showers and Laundry going at the same time is because I'm actually feeding 2 Houses. So there could be a potential there that it could happen. Anyway...

So I'll have a Pressure sensor that is hooked up to my control Panel, and the Control panel will Control the Pump.

Here is a Diagram of the Plumbing:

Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend