Boiler

I have a fan flued condensing boiler. When it's running I get what can only be described as a minor explosion in the boiler. This immediately causes a sensor to cut the gas supply and the boiler goes out. The fan continues to run and 10 seconds or so and the boiler relights. It then runs for approx 5 minutes and goes bang again. I suspected the fan (my previous posting on fridge fan versus expensive boiler fan). I took the fan out and it runs freely. Could be the motor is getting tired and not spinning the fan fast enough. My thoughts along this line are the fan not pulling the gasses out quick enough. The flame is the correct colour a nice deep blue with short cones just above the burner. The explosion as far as I can see takes place near the top of the boiler. What happens in the area I can see through the sight glass, is the flame goes out. There is no yellow flame shouting down from above or anything like that. Can any one think of another reason before I change the expensive fan. A plumber came and had a look and of course whilst he was here the thing wouldn't bang. He said try a shield as the wind may be playing up the flow of gasses. But it now does it even when there is not a breath of wind. Sorry for the long posting but I am trying to give as much info as poss. Did you get that picture I posted.
--
Colin Coleman

How old is the boiler and how long has it been going bang?

Colin Coleman
"Mark Monson" <m snipped-for-privacy@ztech.com> wrote in message

A gas boiler has too much destructive potential to monkey around with. My advice is to contact the manufacturer. They can refer you to a qualified service company in your area.
MM
What make and model? Have you tried the manufactures web site? Most have installation and user guides available for download.
Andy

I have tried the web site but it's not very helpful for my problem.
--
Colin Coleman
"Andy" <no snipped-for-privacy@nks.com> wrote in message
Try this,
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/epower/gw/manuals/pdf/nc_products/EnergySaver80_U IS.pdf

I dont seem able to copy the link. I`ll try again http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/epower/gw/manuals/pdf/nc_products/EnergySaver80_U IS.pdf Failing that glow-worm.co.uk click on the installer and then literature and download the install guide. There is a fault find at the bottom, which I hope will help
Andy