Bladder Tank Question

My water pump for my well was cycling way to often, so I took off the cover where the pump and bladder tank is located and checked the air pressure on the bladder tank. It showed no air pressure, I just found out that I should be checking it every year and we have lived here for 5 years so I am behind.

My question is I tried to put some air in there and it still isn't registering any air pressure, does it take awhile for the air pressure show on the tire gauge or should it start showing some air immediately?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

The last time I checked mine & added air, I shut off breaker to pump, drained tank to zero lbs, checked to see if I had 40 lbs of air pressure,(the pressure that the pump should kick in) and either added or let air out to get this. Mine is set to kick in at 40 and out at out at 60. Yours may be 30 to 50, 30 to 60, it should tell you on your pressure switch. Set this, check with tire gage, and you should be good to go. Close valve and kick breaker back on, and things should work the way they are supposed to.

Reply to
Jerry