Bad Taste from Kitchen Faucet

I replaced the kitchen faucet and used preassembled supply lines of metal mesh over some sort of flexible tubing. There is an objectionable taste from these lines when the faucet is first turned on. Most people don't notice the taste, but some of us do.
I don't have the skill to construct copper supply lines, and a plumber's visit would cost more than the faucet.
Are there other alteratives besides letting the water run?
Thanks, Les
Then change the supply tubes to poly (about $1.00 each at Home Dopey)

Blackbeard-
Excuse my ignorance- is that different material than the inner tube in the lines I've got?
Thanks! Les