American Standards "streamlined flush tower"

Hello! We've just moved into our new home and the toilets are American Standards with the "streamlined flush tower" http://www.americanstandard-us.com/plandesign/performance/BestFlush/best_flush.asp
The date stamp on the tank is May, 2004, and the tower has already failed. Upon lifting the tank lid, I found the red gasket (seal) attempting to flush itself down into the bowl. I tried laying the gasket back in its groove, and it falls right out again.
Does anyone know if there is an easy fix? Do I really need to pull the tank and replace this tower? Are these things junk or is this an unusual occurrence? If they are junk, I'll replace it with the old plug style shut off.
Thanks in advance! Scout
I'm assuming you hired a home inspector to inpect the place before you bought it. If so, give him a call. He should have caught that problem. Inevitably, the responsibility (cost) will fall back to the original homeowner or to the home inspection company (they're insured for errors and omissions). But interpretation differs from one state to the next.

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:05:20 -0700, Scout wrote

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/pdfs/as/parts/Parts_1557.pdf
Shows the exploded view of the components. I stock the gasket because we have had several people come in looking for them.
There is supposed to be a 10 year warranty on the flushing system so call American Standard:
For residents of the United States, warranty information may also be obtained by calling the following toll free number: (800) 442-1902
Doug

Excellent - thank you!

Thanks again Doug! I called the 800 number you supplied, they mailed the part to me and the toilet took all of 5 minutes to repair! Scout