a toilet's stability

Page 2 of 2

"Bob Wheatley"

That's exactly the remedy. My complaint is that the toilets should be made with more clearance. Obviously there's little room for adjustments. I like the plastic repair flanges that reach down into the closet bend, but I always have to remember to bring wax rings without the inserts. I don't remember this ever happening with older toilets.
yes i have seen that problem with the horn sticking down too far. I use reg wax ring in that case.
This brings up another good practice with wax rings, Put it on the toilet then set toilet not put wax on floor then try to set toilet on it.

I do the same. I put a chalk mark + on the floor so my aim is close <G>

before the days of wax rings they used a plaster like mix of newspaper and plaster or something like that and it was called frit i think. maybe im just forgetting the real name but i thaught it was frit.
wrote in message

Plaster of Paris & newspaper clippings was used to make "dynamite". That was how we (plumbers) capped off risers (baldies and hubs) to perform tests. It may have been known in other areas by other names.
Bob Wheatley