Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Draining a hydronic system
------------------------------------- Leo I need to remove a radiator prior to installing kitchen tile (the radiator needs to actually move 1/2" up the wall). To do this, I need to drain my hot water...
1
1

Need to find 10" floor sink grate
I have a customer that has (I have seen and measured it) a floor sink (3/4 coverage) grate that is 10" across, not the std 9". Other than the size, it looks like a std cast iron/porcelain grate....

question regarding GPM
I am trying to figure out the gallons per minute my pool pump delivers and cannot... this would be to better figure how long to run the pump..... Here is what I have: About 24,000 gallon pool 1 1/2 hp...
7
7

Range Hood Ventilation up or down
------------------------------------- I am reno the kitchen and replacing an old over the range re-circulating vent with a new hood (we cook a lot; need power) My problem is the range is on an inside...
1
1

A better auger?
I'm trying to remedy foul smell in the shower stall which I suspect is a result of the drain being plugged by hair and such. So, I used an auger here - the one I used many times before elsewhere. It...

question about hot water baseboard
I have Suntemp hot water baseboards- model "Imperial 700A". I know next to nothing about plumbing. I have some rooms that I don't care to heat. I just close the "thing"- don't know what it's called-...
1
1

R.I.P.???
Well, it was a nice newsgroup..... Anyway, can anyone tell me the proper height to mount a hair washing sink in a salon? Not sure if there's an established standard height. Thanks in advance. K
1
1

Lead to thread?
Is anyone familiar with a lead to thread repair adapter for lead walter services? I was looking for a web site to find out more info. Thanks in advance.
2
2

Cheapo Tool
I've been replacing a lot of tub drains, just the metal part from the tub side. They can be a pain to get started and not cross threaded and it's hard to see if you are holding it level. So I made a...

galvanized feed
Has anyone seen this before? the water service from the basement floor a galvanized pipe nipple? I didn't break up the floor to see what was under it but I thought it might be off a lead service. The...
1
1

Plumbing Question
We all know that 1/4" per foot is the minimum slope for sewer pipe with solids. My question is this: Is a drop of 1/2" per foot ok or even more or should you 90 elbo it down to continue the 1/4" drop.
3
3

Pex under a slab?
As I prepare to plumb my new house, I've been stopping to check out new installations done by professional plumbers. I notice that they run the pex under the slab. I know this is discouraged with...
1
1

Anchoring Vertical Copper Water Supply to Studs (?)
What are the best anchoring hardwares for anchoring copper water supply pipes to studs, but still allow enough room for plastic foam sleeve-style insulation?
4
4

Jogs in the Pipes (?)
In my early 1950s USA house, plumbed in galvanized steel pipe, every point of use is plumbed with about a 12-inch jog in the line. In other words, where the tee in a main run could have been directly...
1
1

Basic pluming question please!
Dear NG, I live in a tenement on the lower east side of nyc on the fourth floor. In my bathroom, both the tub and sink drain into the same "main drain" and get routed down from there. Question, what...
4
4