Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toliet ventilation and Kitchen Safety
Hiiiii, please give me suggestions to keep the kitchen and bathroom clean. Does anybody know some instant safety tips in kitchen? Please share. Is toilet ventilation systems worth buying?...
1
1

water heater leaks
Hi, I have a eight year old 50 gal State electric water heater which is leaking around the inlet and outlet pipes. Is this a sign the water heater has failed and needs to be replaced. The heater still...
1
1

Suspended Ceiling
How to install a suspended ceiling? -------------------------------------
1
1

Old Sink PLEASE HELP!
Hi, We are trying to bring an old farmhouse back to life. Yesterday we bought what we thought was an old farm sink for the kitchen. It turns out now, we are't so sure. The sink is a double basin,...
1
1

Ball valve orientation
------------------------------------- New guy to the board... I've read the pro's & cons about gate valves. Now tell me about ball valves I want to install a 1/2" and a 3/4" valve. These are...
1
1

Wet / Dry Vac application
Hello, I am new to the group and I have a perplexing (to me anyway) question for the group. How can I automatically drain a shop vac reservoir of its water? I would like to cut a hole in the bucket to...
1
1

Effikal Vent Damper replacement
Hi. New to site but like it a lot. My Utica boiler had a bad vent damper actuator so I ordered and began installation. Before reattaching new motor I followed instructions and turned damper counter...

Kitchen Sink help, sewer water coming from under the cabinets.
Hi all, When I open the kitchen sink and the water is running for a couple of minutes, foul smelling water starts to come out from under the cabinets. Any Ideas? Thanks...
1
1

Is there difference in toilet paper and toilet getting plugged?
Are some toilet papers better for the plumbing than others?
1
1

Toilet paper plugging up toilet
If a toilet gets plugged on a fairly regular basis, does that mean that toilet paper that is just wet shouldn't be flushed down the toilet but just thrown in the trash?
1
1

SUMP PUMP VALVE REQUIREMENT
In my basement I have a sump pump that pumps up about 6 feet to the outside away from the house. That pump does not have a back flow value which has caused me no problems. Any water flowing back has...
3
3

Hot Water Heater Problems
I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater. Model 21VP50E-1 A. The hot water heater makes hot water and keeps up with demand. Problem or no problem: main burner cycles on and off in about 5 second...

Hot Water Drain Making Noise
Our upstairs master bathroom sink makes a noise that sounds like dripping behind the wall. I opened up the wall in a few spots and there is no leaks. The drain pipes are made of black plastic. The...
1
1

Grundfos mq3-45 keeps cycling on and off
------------------------------------- My Grundfos mq3-45 keeps cycling on and off every 1 minute now. It used to stay off for 10 minutes when it was new. It's only 3 or 4 months old now. It pumps...

Our Hot Water Tank is Giving Up?
We have a 40 gallon water tank that is slowly loosing the hot water. We have to adjust the taps during the shower so the hot water would lasts and runs a bit longer. I think the tank is almost 16...
1
1