Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

yellow water with a strong iron spell
We bought a water heater that was used for 6 months and then the buyer didn't like it, so the plumber took it back and it sat for an unknown amount of time until we bought it and had it installed 2...

Sewer clean out installation
We recently had Roto-Rooter come out and snake out our sewer connection. Apparently tree roots were clogging the pipes so they were cleaned out. Getting rid of the roots is only a temporary problem...
18
18

Central Heating Problem
Why are some of my radiators(2 or 3) not heating up. Standard/Basic system, in bungalow.- 13 off radiatiors. Have removed? air by bleeding radiators, to no avail. No heat at pipes feeding radiators in...
8
8

Money down drain - help please
I have a central heating problem that has not been cured for 3 years and involved 3 independent plumbers. Thermostat has been replaced in the boiler - pipe work re routed around new cyliner and today...
1
1

fitting one reducers
Hi Please could somebody tell me if when fitting a 10mm pipe in to a 15mm TRV, a one-piece reducer is suitable andwhich way up it should be fit. Alternativly are 3 piece better and again is there a...

Which Shower Pump?
I want to install a shower pump. There are loads on the market, all with different 'Bar' ratings. Can anyone advise me on the 'Bar' rating that I need for a single 'over the bath' shower? I have a...
1
1

Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E lockout
I wonder if you can help. I have an intermittent problem with a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 50/4E back boiler. The pizo starts and the pilot light comes on but the boiler doesn't always light. Resetting the...

GlowWorm Micron 50FF
Hi can anyone help with this one, had the above boiler for under 3 years, lately the heating would just turn off and you would have to reset the boiler to get it to come back on again. The other day...
2
2

PEX and heat expansion
Installled Zurn PEX water supply in a new home single fam residental, The home is a ranch with a long 3/4 run from one end to the other. My installation of my mains were perfectly straight initially,...
4
4

Pressure switch
My water pump pressure switch goes on at 45 pounds and off at 65 pounds. Can I adjust it so it goes on at 40 and off at60? John
6
6

Hinged Deep Flange for 1 1/4 IPS
Hi All, I'm trying to find a hinged deep flange for an 1 1/4 IPS drain pipe (pedestal sink). It must be hinged-or two piece. I can't find one anywhere. Any suggestions welcome, thanks in advance, Mike

missing expansion tank
I have a Wells-McLain Company (Michigan City, Indiana) Size 5-W-19, Series D. oil boiler that was converted to gas....it is forced hot water with radiators...ONE floor in a bungelow style home built...

wood gas
I made a wood gasifier out of an old vacum cleaner and a couple of barrels. I used the 2 inch flexible stainless ductwork for output. i crammed it into the sight hole on the front of my boiler. I have...
1
1

furnaces and burners
A few years ago I had a Buderis furnace installed with a Carlin burner. That burner is a lemon- I had to call my oil company techs a dozen times in 2 years to get that burner going. It would tend to...

Basement Plumbing Rough-In question
Our builder put in our plumbing rough-in and I have two questions about what is the usual and customary way to do this. We were left with just the pipe stub sticking out of the concrete for the shower...
2
2