Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Backflow Valve install conundrum
Recently had a sewer backup in our basement and wanted to install backflow prevention valve (regular Home Depot special....put it in drain, tighten screws to expand rubber gasket and voila!) However,...
2
2

Pressure reducer causing pipes to vibrate
I had a plumbing company install a pressure reducer on my house and when they turned the water on it started causing bad water hammer. The whole meter was shaking back and forth and causing the pipes...
2
2

water heater install?
Hello, What would a plumber charge in labor to remove and install a new water heater. 40 gallon, gas fired. USA, ILL. Full basement. Average cost? Thanks, Dan.
2
2

Hey Bob, it worked!...kind of
Tried your suggestion, gentle persistence and making it to appear to be in "his best interest" to log my time but to no avail. I got nothing but the run-around. Yesterday morning I went in to work and...
6
6

Apprenticeship
Hello, About two years ago my boss gave to me an apprentice application which I filled out and handed back to him (after I offered to pay the registration fee which he politely refused and demanded to...
5
5

baxi luna 310 fi
installed a baxi luna 310 fi combi boiler worked great for 7 months then developed a problem with the DHW only getting up to 100 deg F did the usual strip down the 3 way mixing valve, check o rings...

ferncos
Hey, Who said 2" ferncos won't work on 1.5" PVC? I just saved myself a whole bunch of pain and sorrow (not that it'd pass inspection or anything).
6
6

Plumbing Practice in UK & Singapore
Dear Sir, I am now working on a project to compare the different practices of the installation, application and inspection of inside building water supply systems in different countries. I am...
2
2

dirt pockets
I guess this would be one way to break the silence in here. Q. Do you guys still use dirt pockets on your domestic risers? Andrew
1
1

plumbing in philadelphia
within the next few months i will be moving from des moines iowa to anyone give me any info on any contractors in the south philly area that i could contactors to contact so i can line up some...

Not really a plumber
News flash: I'm not really a plumber, that's my brother. I am actually a computer nerd in North Carolina. I pose as a plumber because it's a manly profession and I need to shed my gay image.
5
5

trouble with my last install
Hey gang, I've got a bit of a problem. I mixed up the hot and cold leads on the water heater and I can't figure out which was which after I removed them. Any suggestions? I've done this dozens of...

careful of those plumbers around your kids
Here's an interesting stat: Most common profession of pediphiles: priest 2nd-most common profession: PLUMBER!
1
1

Plumbing ain't rocket science
Why are their so many defensive plumbers who never actually answer a question in this group ? Flanders & Wheatley, for example. I think must be unemployed plumbers because all they do is say "hire a...
17
17

Dishwasher Safe, Stain Resistant - plastics questions
Hey all, A few quick questions related to kitchen-wares. 1. Is there a specific type of plastic and temperature rating that is associated with the claim "Dishwasher Safe" that I've seen on some...
8
8