Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

size of water supply line
my home sits 400 feet from the water meter. the supply line is 3/4 inch pvc. from the meter there is a 25 foot drop to the bottom of the hill then it rises 25 foot to the top of the next hill. what...
2
2

Female Urinal
File:Female Urinal.jpg - Wikipedia
1
1

ProPress fittings leaking?
I have an oil fired boiler which is about three years old. The installer used Ridgid 'ProPress' copper fittings on most of the new water lines near the boiler. I noticed recently that many of these...

Caulking around a self rimming sink rather than underneath?
My father-in-law and I recently installed a self rimming stainless steel sink to our new laminate counter tops. When we installed the sink we didn't think to put a bead of caulk underneath the rim of...
1
1

thermal expansion
I'm seeking advice on the proper sized expansion tank for my existing hot water tank. I have a 50 gal gas water heater. My pressure ranges from 40 psi to 100+ increasing after showers, dishwasher use,...
1
1

Radiator will NOT SHUT OFF! Haunted?
I have an older two family home. One of the radiator's on the first floor run's hot constantly. We shut off the heating via the thermostat but the radiator was still hot. We then shut off the upstairs...
12
12

FYI.....
This may be of interest to some of you folks... Bob Wheatley http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06252.html

Brown Water coming out of Hot Taps Why?
Just noticed today Light Brown water coming out of Hot Taps My kitchen hot tap has a defective washer so haven't used it for a few years now but twisting that tap tight. Can this lead to pipe rust...
1
1

Plumbing repair-toto wax seal
the toto toilet is made so that the bottom parts are very close to the floor. In other words, there isn't much space between the bottom of the toilet and the drain pipe and closet ring. It is so tight...
1
1

Smell from Washbasic
Moved into a new rented apartment. There was one porcelain washbasin in a strange position, so we decided that we won't use it at all. But every 2 days, it's starts smelling - So I have to run water...
1
1

Draining water heater for new connection
OK, this is probably silly but do I need to drain the water heater just to replace the "Hot Water Out" connection. The line is only 2 years old it is leaking where the metal weave and 3/4 FIP...
2
2

plumbing leak
Question; I had a broken pipe in the basement,cut out the bad section,soldered the new piece in, when iturned on the water i noticed a very tiny leak,turned of the water and drained the line,then...
1
1

Remote control solenoid water value
My home has iron pipes and I am paranoid about a pipe bursting while I am not home. The water comes in through the garage and I have a manual shut off value in the garage. Frequently I turn the water...
4
4

radiant heating in existing slab
I would like to install radiant heating in an exising basement slab floor. The cieling space is already low and so I do not want ot add anything on top of the floor. I have an wet saw that can cut...

Water Softner Install
My Mom and Dad Just bought a new house. It is on a slab. What are the options for installing a water softner. The would like it in the garage. The main shut off is in a hall closet. Any help would be...
10
10