Zoom lever on Canon A580

I have posted my problem with my Canon A580 and the zoom lever on another NG with no responses. I saw on one of Canon's web sites discussion of "dust in the Zoom lever....". If this is my problem (sounds reasonable) can anyone tell me if the Zoom lever can be taken off to blow out any dust. I also saw that on an A620 there ate three small screws at the bottom of the battery compartment that loosen the Zoom lever ring. I do not see any screws in my A580. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
p4o2