Zone Valve Wiring

Hi all, I have a zone valve problem. I have two zone valves on a hot water baseboard heating system. The basement zone valve allways seem to be in 'open' position. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I think it is wired wrong. Can anyone tell me how the wires on a zone valve should be wired?

Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
Dave

Most zone vlaves have the wiring diagram printed right on the power head. Check it and see.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Describe the valves wires or terminals

Reply to
RBM

Sounds like your zone valve is stuck open. You can try hitting it to loosen. If that works it probably will not work for long. Sounds like you need a new zone valve. How old is the one you have, if it is anywhere close to 10 years most likely needs replacing.

Reply to
Charlie

check its automatic/manual lever.

see also: