Zoeller vs Water Ace sump pump

Lowe's has a Water Ace submersible sump pump for a bit less than $100. I saw a Zoeller one on the web that looks pretty robust. Any opinions on these brands? Has anyone here used the Zoeller M53 Might Mate? Thanks.
Zoeller has been in business a long time, ck their web site. They are PUMPS
I ended up with a Master Plumber one from the hardware store. I spent twenty minutes talking to the store person, who assured me this 1/3HP submersible would be fine for my stupid ol' house with a dinky 13.5x9.25" sump hole that's only 10.5 inches deep. When I got home and read the instructions, it said I'm supposed to have 24" minimum depth. I called him back and he said as long as the floor slopes toward the hole and it's deep enough for enough water to make the float rise, it should be fine. He said I could test it in a 10.5" inch deep bucket or the sink if I want, and I can bring it back if it doesn't seem to be the right thing. Any thoughts on this? Sometimes I wish I were renting again (in an apartment that's on the second floor with no basement to deal with personally). Anyway, am I doomed to either get another pedestal one or have something dig the whole deeper? I hope not, because I had to count pennies to buy the pump alone.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

I don't know anything about Water Ace pumps, but I have a Zoeller M53 Mighty Mate pump in my house now. It's been there for 14 years, and I've never had a problem with it, and the sump pump runs A LOT at my house. It's very quiet, and the fact that it's got a cast iron housing means that it's heavy enough that it won't 'walk' along the bottom of the sump crock due to vibration when it turns on/off. I've seen this happen a lot with the newer plastic pumps. Zoeller pumps are sold at some retail outlets under the "Hi-Lo" brand name. I don't know if the construction is identical between the Hi-Lo and Zoeller branded pumps, but they look exactly the same except that the Hi-Lo pumps are painted black, whereas the Zoeller pumps are painted green. If anyone knows if there's any differences between these two, I'd love to know. I've never seen a Zoeller pump for sale in any store around here. I get the impression they're only sold to professionals typically, but I'm not sure.
-Doug

I've used Zoeller in many applications that are heavy service. Pumping 16 or 24 hours a day 5 days a week and they hold up for years.