Zinsco breaker AFCI?

Does anyone know if there is an AFCI type breaker for Zinsco type Q panels.
My city requires these on new circiout. I may have to change the box if these are not available. Couldn't find them on the web easily, perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spot
haklesup wrote:

IIRC, Zinsco is the same as Federal Pacific -- an excuse the change the box might be a good thing. I don't know about the type Q, though.
You might consider adding a small modern subpanel next to the old Z'co panel, and put the AFCI's in the new subpanel. Six-space 100A panels only cost about $20 or $30. You can feed it with lot smaller than 100A breaker in the main panel if you want.
Best regards, Bob
haklesup posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

--

Tekkie

If you have a Zinsco panel, it may be so old as to be questionable in nature. Check the breakers to see if they still work on overload first, then decide what you want to do.