Zero Turn Mower Recommendation?

We are looking to buy a zero turn mower.....we have a huge yard and lots of sand. We wanted a mower with an extra heavy deck......we are considering a Gravely 52" zero turn with the heavy duty deck....
Any advice and/or recommendations?
Thanks for your reply.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:08:43 -0400, "Susan Thomas"

Check today's threads, a similar thread for another brand. -- Oren
Susan Thomas wrote:

I see an awful lot of the SCAG ZT units in use by the pro landscapers, particularly the "Turf Tiger". They aint' cheap, but I don't believe the one you're looking at is either.
My recommendation would be to find the local power equipment dealer that supplies the pros in your area and see what they have to offer. You'll almost certainly do better and get vastly better support than dealing with some big box store. A good dealer usually has a number of units on hand and some room for you to try them out.
Pete C.

Also try looking for a used commercial model when a pro needs to upgrade to a bigger model
Bad advice. I worked for a large full service lawn and landscape company, and you don't want their throw off mowers. If they were any good, they'd be keeping them. Trust me.
--
Steve Barker

"Nick Hull" < snipped-for-privacy@isp.com> wrote in message
Check out the Exmarks. They have a quality product. Many sizes and engine options.
http://www.exmark.com /
--
Steve Barker

"Susan Thomas" < snipped-for-privacy@ils.unc.edu> wrote in message

Agreed. A very good machine. 3 out of 4 commercial businesses in this area use them and I rarely hear a complaint.