ZEP Root Kill - proper time / application methods...

My next door neighbor has been in his house about as long as I have - around 18 years. He just had a 2-day Rotor-Rooter episode with roots blocking his sewer line. I don't want to follow in his footsteps. Mine is running fine right now, but I just had two big trees removed that was cracking my garage and basement floor, so I figure it's just a matter of time until roots find a weak place in my sewer lines. So I picked up three (about quart sized) containers of this Copper Sulfate Pentahydride stuff that's supposed to kill the roots that may have gotten into the sewer lines...

1) Is there a "best" time to put it down the drain? I was thinking that about the time the trees start budding, that the roots might start up too, and I have this feeling that growing stuff is easier to kill with chemicals than dormant stuff. Is this true? Or should I just go ahead and do it now?

2) It says I can put it down in a clean-out plug (I do have one), or put it down a toilet. Any thoughts?

3) Does this stuff really work, or did I just waste my $$$? I know the plumber sold my neighbor a similar product and told him to use it to prevent a reoccurance.

Thanks to all.

Steve Henderson

Reply to
Steve Henderson

nospambob

have -

roots

that

So I

Sulfate

wait till its growing

down a toliet heres why less is more 1 quart sized or 2lb is all that is needed and a little each night till gone is better then all a once if drain was slowing down and you wanted to get it before it stops

1 quart sized in clean-out plug it takes about a week or 2 follow up in fall with 1 and save the 3rd till you have a slow down or return it

know

he will have a reoccurance I'll bet they told him it will get him by till he can get it fixed it works but your neighbor needs his line repaired or replaced you may not even have a problem then yes you just flushed $$$ down the drain but if you have some fine hairs just starting you could stop this and save ask your neighbor how much they wanted before they told him to use it

may want to try this

Spud