zap noise in kitchen ???

hope someone can help, thanksinadvance

iit only happens between 12pm and 6pm, strange huh ?

sounds like an amplified mouse trap, and startles the dickens out of me

sounds like electrical discharge but i cant pinpoint it by ear

should i check all the plugs for a loose wire ? anyone ever run across this ?

im stumped

any help appreciated

johnpat

Reply to
johnpat patton

You got an electronic air filter?

Reply to
BP

hi BP, thanks for reply

nope no air filter except for the one in the furnace which i cleaned

could a wire loose >>hope someone can help, thanksinadvance

Reply to
johnpat patton

might be the fridge, like freezer going into defrost cycle???

Reply to
hallerb

No. That would cause an arc and your circuit breaker *should* cut out. If it didn't, a condition like that could start a fire. My next guess is going to be a capacitor in an appliance: fridge or microwave. If it is old and leaking it could cause such a noise.

Reply to
BP

Basic troubleshooting, start by unplugging EVERYTHING you can, and see if noise still occurs, leave dishwasher door ajar so you know thats not it.

now any noise tonight?

my guess is the fridge....

If all else fails move the fridge to another room and see if the noise moves with it

Reply to
hallerb

hi, and thanks again

i unplugged both the fridge and the microwave but the zap noise continued

i plugged them in different plugs now, but still continues

i will try unplugging for a longer time to see if maybe some buildup needs to dissipate

still stumped

john

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
johnpat patton

You could start turning off circuit breakers one of a few at a time to see if that will he ID it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Check your smoke detector batteries

Reply to
Nick Hull

Ice maker having trouble dumping the ice or rotating the tray?

Reply to
dnoyeB

I would turn off a bunch of breakers tonight to narrow it down......

what kind of heat do you have? forced air you mighht be hearing a duct flex

anything in the basement under the kitchen that might generate noise like a freezer?

be sure to power back on everything essential you unplug so you dont lose a frezzer full of food or something

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
Perry Templeton

John do you have a gas range?

The electronic ignition for the burners in ours would occasionally make a zap when the humidity is up, even if the burners are off. Problem was water getting into the controls when wiping them clean. After they dry the problem goes away.

Just my $.02

Fred

johnpat patt> hi, and thanks again

Reply to
Fred Wesner

Does your oven have a built in timer clock is anything on a timer clock.

Reply to
m Ransley

Refigerators have timer clocks to go into defrost mode, Our old dishwasher would click hours after it was done. Turn off one circuit a day

Reply to
m Ransley

wow, thanks to all your resposes

im going to go with the turn off circuit breakers approach during next week

i promise to post back end of next week to let you know

havagudn

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
johnpat patton

well, it simply went away !

leads me to believe some kind of static buildup, either that or a poltergeist ; )

thanks again to all johnpat

johnpat patt> wow, thanks to all your resposes

Reply to
johnpat patton