"Z Flashing" A Bottom T1-11 Siding Edge ?

Hello:
Moved into a house that has T1-11 vertical siding.
At the bottom, the siding is "finished off" with a horizontal board that runs the width of the house. Typical pine board, perhaps 6" X 3/4 x ...
The bottom edges of some of the siding (rests on top of the 3/4 board edge) has wicked up water over the years, and looks as if I'll have to replace some of it. Also, a new horizontal board, as it does improve the looks.
It has been suggested that I make sure to have the bottom edge of the siding where it meets the horizontal board be flashed with a "Z Flashing". Certainly sounds like a good idea.
Found a picture of Z flashing on the web, and my question relates to the top most vertical edge of the flashing: Obviously there can't be a perfect seal here between the edge of the AL flashing and the face of the siding board.
When it rains, due to small gaps between, or just capillary action, I would imagine water seeps in and probably migrates to the bottom siding edge (again).
Is this anything to worry about ?
Is the paint that goes over all of this supposed to seal it adequately, or should one run a small bead of RTV here, or... ?
Any thoughts on all of this would be most appreciated.
BTW: T1-11 still used and available ?
Thanks, Bob
Robert11 wrote:

Yes.
The upper vertical edge of that Z-flashing goes behind the upper piece of siding, the lower edge overlaps the lower piece of siding on the outside. A gap is left between the bottom of the top piece of siding and the flashing.
More precisely, IMHO, the up leg of the "Z" flashing goes behind any weather barrier ( housewrap or building paper ) that is behind the siding. It then directs water out and over the bottom horizontal trim piece.
As Rico notes, space should be left below the T1-11, or water will continue to wick up into the unprotected end grain of the plywood.
TB

Ever the optimist! Many times the T-1-11 gets put up directly on the studs. It's a cost saving measure, right? Let's save on that expensive building paper while we're at it. The building paper goes over the plywood, right? Can't have it over the T-1-11. Lose it!