YOUR policy on Xmas lights

Let us know what you think.
Here...let me chip in on the first string to help defray the cost of you testing them for the rest of us.
http://www.wvi.com/~coinguy/coins.jpg
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Hey, that's a couple bucks; thanks!
Jon

Let us know what you think.
Here...let me chip in on the first string to help defray the cost of you testing them for the rest of us.
http://www.wvi.com/~coinguy/coins.jpg
Do what I do. I take my piles and piles of lights to the old folks home. I take them two testers that look like Star Trek phasers. A pack of replacement bulbs. I hide a couple of percocetts and a couple of ludes in there for any old hippies. I come back in two weeks with a week old carrot cake and pick them up, and they're ready. Be sure to take off the marked down price of the carrot cake. Those old farts can just sit for hours and test the lights. Reminds them of doing home repairs before the alt.
Steve ;-)

re: "Used to be, you'd spend $20 bucks on a nice string, and you'd get a decade out of them. "
I saw some "commercial grade" at Home Depot for something like $14 next to the $5.99 sets.
I wonder if they're worth > twice the price.
reply:
Of course they are, you dolt! But only if you buy the Star Wars Ray Gun shaped tester, the pack of replacement bulbs, and extra fuses.
Translation: about $50 bucks.
Steve ;-) Merry Christmas
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:46:32 -0800, "Steve B"

No lights. Period.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.

I used to deck it out pretty good adding new bits every year. Not any more. Tree in the window, hang a wreath. wife puts a candle in the windows. that said, I do like some of the lighted palm trees. I wonder if I can find a wire frame Flamingo.
Jimmie
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 16:46:32 -0800, "Steve B"

My policy is that no ladder shall be used to erect Christmas lights and they shall be put away January 1st. The house looks better with lights on bushes rather than making a house look like a gingerbread house. I use one electric candle in each window which is easy and fast yet makes a big impact.
Steve B wrote:

Bah, humbug. I don't eat turkey either.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 16:46:32 -0800, Steve B wrote:

I don't see the point of trying to light or heat up the outside world - the xmas lights stay indoors...
The light are for the kids. I don't have any kids and the neighbors who had kids moved away, so no more kids around to hang them for.
Other than that, I view it as a luxury. And my policy is to cut out all needless expenses until all my credit cards are paid off. All my bills are paid.
I look at the interest I am paying each month on credit cards (on statement). This is money going out the window. So I want to use every penny to pay this off as soon as possible! No Christmas lights this year...
(If the kids were still around, I would hang them though...)

And you wonder why the neighbors with kids moved away...
Red Green wrote:

LMFAO! I didn't get it at first.

;-)
Wait till you read what he does with kittens....
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Fuck off, you Mormon moron!
Steve www.exmormon.org
Go there, and read stuff that will make your eyebrows raise so fast, they fly off your face!
On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:56:10 -0800, "Bill"

That would be murder. Only a court of competent jurisdiction can hang children.
--
I filter all messages from google groups.

The Supremes in the US have said you can't hang anyone under 18 at the time of the offense.
--
To find that place where the rats don't race
and the phones don't ring at all.
Bill wrote:

I've seen the elaborate Christmas displays people put up in their yards in competition with their neighbors. The incredible amount of money spent on lights, animation and music just to outdo the guy across the street is insane. Some of them show quite a bit of talent and imagination but I wonder what would happen if those folks put all that effort into something productive?
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Like spending several hours a day on Usenet, maybe? :^/
-- aem sends...