Your Opinion Of Husqvarna Lawn Tractor

You just cannot find lawn tractors today in the 16-18 hp range with wide decks. The decks are 44 at best, and most are 42. Back in the day, I had several 16 hp. IHs with 50 decks, and now have an aging 18 Cub with 48.

So I'm looking at a 23 hp Husqvana with 50 deck. Any opinions?

Reply to
Jack

The reason you're experiencing this phenomenom is that the HP ratings are not the same as the old days. Today's 23 might be lucky to actually put out

  1. They are all overrated. The other reason is that 18 REAL HP would be the bare minumum to run a 48" deck properly.

You'd be best off looking at the Exmark products . You'll get more mower for the buck.

steve

Reply to
S. Barker

Ask here:

Lots of experts in this area at this forum.

Reply to
Robert Barr

I have a 25 hp Kawasaki in my John Deere with 52" deck.

Reply to
GWB

What's happened to horses???

--

Reply to
dpb

They now call them 'peak horses' ??

Reply to
Oren

I've only seen that on electric motors, not on gasoline...

--

Reply to
dpb

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote: ...

... Engine hp is given at some specific rpm...

--

Reply to
dpb

Well, duh. That's what I'm trying to tell you. The manufacturer can rate the horsepower at any RPM they please. They can take a particular engine that produces 5 HP at normal operating speeds, but advertise it as a 7 HP engine, because they rate it based on revving it to the redline, which can also be arbitrarily set.

When you see a 3hp electric motor for a hot tub pump, often it is really a 2 hp motor. At normal voltage, it produces 2 HP, but they rate it as 3 HP without telling you that you would have to feed it 50% higher voltage to get that much power out of it. It's sales puffery.

Reply to
salty

probably won't see it. What good would it do to over rate them if everyone knew?

S. Barker