You win for now fawcett but I'll be back - Bawahahahaha

Hi,

does anyone know what's happpening here ? I'm trying to change a washer on a tap -- I disassemble the beast, take the stem out and reach inside and grab the top of the nylon washer with some needle nose pliers and whip it out. I said WHIP IT OUT! Damn! It won't come out

-- it will rise most of the way but the disk of the washer won't fit through the hole in the body of the tap (which accepts the stem assembly.

What is going on here? I checked the hot tap too, and it's identical

-- the washer's too big to remove. I looked to see if the tap was had for some reason a top section holding the washer in and that needed to be removed, but I can't see anything obvious.

I'm confused and don't feel "Fawcett 1 - Peter 0" is an acceptable result -- any idea what could be going on?

--Peter

Reply to
peter.cant

You obviously didn't make enough trips to the hardware store. Drive back and forth between your house and the hardware store about 4 more times, coming back with equally unhelpful items, that cost way more than what you have already purchased, and the faucet will miraculously fix itself with tools and materials that you already owned.

It could be that the top of the threads are crimped over slightly by the tightening of the nut. In that case I usually try to remedy it by breaking a critical plastic piece of the faucet so it requires a whole new faucet. I have been successful to this point, so that must be the solution.;)

Reply to
Shoebox Chevy