you'll enjoy this

I'm sure you all can relate.

Mounting one of those hose holders. Didn't want to nail it into the siding so I cut a 2x4 to size to wedge it firmly between some exterior trim 2x that runs vertically up the front of the house.

Got the length just right with a bit of an angle on one end so it could nicely wedge in there. Beveled the front so it will shed water and put a slight bevel on the back too.

Was about to put a few kerfs in the back just to make sure water wouldn't get caught behind it and the phone rang. Went to answer it blah blah blah went back to work. Had completely lost my train of thought and on the next cut I watched in dismay as rather than put a 1/4 in kerf in the board I neatly sawed off the end.

Just finished redoing and mounting it and it looks nice. Painted it same color as the siding and it just looks like the hose is sort of floating there. Didn't need to use a single fastener to mount it.

hrm.. just noticed it is Friday the 13th... that must have been it! it musta!

cheers ml

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

someone smoked a fatty while he answered the phone. :o)

Reply to
longshot

I'd start by getting a lawyer and suing whoever called. Then, buy an answering machine so you dont have to answer the phone when you are busy. I think phones are intrusive and annoying. When I am busy, I refuse to answer them. I always tell people to email me instead of calling unless it's an emergency. If you have a cell phone, flush it down the toilet or use it to practice making sawcuts and kerfs. They look better when customized anyhow, plus they will no longer pester you.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Heard a story about a handy-man who went up to the (I think) Likes Observatory without stopping at the 10,000 foot level for 24 hours to acclimate.

One of the astronomers asked him, half way through the job, why he was so frustrated. He replied: "It's this damn board! No matter how much I cut off, it's still too short!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Had completely lost my train of thought and on the next

Be glad it wasn't a finger you neatly sawed off ;o)

Reply to
G Henslee

floating

kinda like putting the milk in the cupboard and the coffee in the fridge. everyones been there -

Reply to
robson