you cant beat the law of gravity

funny thing happened yesterday...
i stop by my friends yesterday for a fishing trip, and they are changing a tire on the pickup. on a slope. sloping towards the house. without blocking the wheels. i mention this may not be so wise, but they dont want to listen. so they jack it up, get all but 1 lugnut off, and gravity takes over. the truck falls forward off the jack, almost hurting my friend, and rolls into the house. yes, INTO the house. punches a hole in the living room wall.
so we get a rope and pull the truck back where it was with my car. what happens? they do the same thing and refuse to block the wheels no matter how many times i tell them. and the truck rolls right back into the house again making the hole a little bigger.
i dont know what happened after that. i told them i could no longer stand to watch and left. i think the fishing trip was cancelled.
randy
Smart move you left, the boat probably sank or they got a ticket for expired lisence, or the motor went dead at the wrong end of the lake downwind.
You kidding me?? The couldn't even get the boat TO the water, much less in it.
Wayne

Do they have insurance, and wish to redecorate?
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:45:58 -0600, "xrongor"

Walk away.

Next time you visit, be sure to bring a video camera along with you.
--

SVL

Lesson learned is the guy whom has too many buds may not get a chance to smell the fish.

And just for curiosity, are you EVER going to go fishing with this neighbor again?
Wayne

well, he's a long time friend. he's not real bright, but he's a good fishing buddy. ive learned to distance myself when he starts digging holes for himself. and when i go, i drive, my car.
as a postscript, they did go fishing, and had two flat tires during the trip. he's one of those guys that will spend more time and money dealing with cheap USED tires because it 'saves him money', than it would take to just buy 4 cheap NEW tires and be done with it.
it was the corner of the truck that hit the house at an angle so its not a real big hole (if it had hit square it probably would have just stopped, maybe cracking some drywall) but he's gonna be busy this week fixing it.
randy

Reminds me of a buddy stationed with me in the middle of Texas. He was a city guy and never been into the country hunt/fish thing. Wife buys new car. His first fishing trip with it it comes back all scratched up from mesquite. 2nd trip with the guys to go plinking - pulls pistol from glove compartment and puts a round through the windwhield. 3rd trip bird hunting pulls shotgun out and puts round through floorboards.
We quit going with him.
Harry K

good plan! i would NEVER go hunting or anywhere near a gun with my friend around either <g>
randy