*YOU* are responsible for high gas prices

Page 1 of 8
Did you know that everytime you buy anything in a plastic package, buy plastic trash bags, accept a plastic store bag, buy your kids plastic toys, and the list goes on...... *YOU* are responsible for high gas prices!!!
All plastics are made mostly from crude oil.
Look at what you're buying in the store. Nearly everything sold is made from plastic, and/or wrapped in plastic. Nearly any liquid is sold in plastic containers, such as detergents, beverages, and so much more. And right before you leave the store, you get umpteen plastic bags which have a life span of less than one day. Then you get into your car which is made from at least half plastic, and drive home carrying your plastic bags of plastic merchandise up your plastic stairs, grab your plastic door next to your plastic siding, and trip over some of the kids plastic toys on the plastic (vinyl) flooring. Then you put your groceries in your mostly plastic refrigerator or on the shelves in your cabinets which are likely made from parrticle board (saw dust and plastic binders), covered with a thin layer of plastic (fake woodgrain) coating. Finally you walk over to your plastic cabinet tv set, and sit on your couch made of some or mostly plastic.
If you think it's bad now, consider that new homes are becoming more made of plastics every day. Plastic siding is the top sold siding, plastic windows and doors, plastic plumbing (Pex and Pvc), plastic coated wiring (romex), and it seems the wooden decks of the past few decades are now made of plastic lumber, with plastic railings. The houses are insulated with styrofoam (a type of plastic), and it dont stop there. Your furnishings all contain at least some plastic is not fully plastic. Are your curtains and fabric covered couch cushions made of cotton, or a plastic derived plastic, just like much of your clothing. Amd you know those plastic lawn chairs that rarely last one summer..... did you ever see one of them burn? Compare the fire to dumping a 5 or 10 gallon can of oil into a fire....
What ever happened to wood, paper bags, metals, clays, glass, etc.
Sure it takes oil to mold metal, but look at the lifespan of metal objects compared to plastic. Heck, children's metal and wooden toys from the 1950s and even older are still around. You wont be passing on their plastic toys to their children, most dont last one year.
I'm not saying to eliminate all plastics, but at least half of them could be eliminated. To begin, it's time to get rid of all disposible plastics, no more plastic store bags, plastic soda /water/ beverage bottles, cut back on plastic containers for household liquids, get rid of many plastic toys, go back to decks made of real wood, and what ever happened to all the other sidings that have been replaced by cheap looking ugly plastic siding. And all that plastic packaging in the stores should ALL go, particularly those clamshells. And what ever happened to real metal bumbers on cars? The ones that could take a 5mph hit and show no damage. I dont even understand the reasoning of the cheap shattering plastic bumpers???? And why so much plastic fabric, when cotton was always reliable.
Ok, pvc plumbing is a winner for drainage, plastic wire insulation is superior to the old cloth covered wires, and plexiglass is safer on door lites than standard glass. But why the plastic electrical boxes, plastic light fixtures that often deform from the heat, and are those plastic door knobs, plastic toilet seats, and plastic window frames really necesaary, when the old ones lasted much longer.
We need to start re-thinking what we're doing with oil. As consumers, we need to begin to pressure manufacturers to stop using plastics in many things. Begin by refusing all plastic store bags, take your own cloth or papers bags. We're constantly being told to cut back on driving, and many people can. But what most people do not realize is the amount of oil that used in everthing we buy, and how much of that plastic is just worthless packaging that goes right in the trash.
In about a month we'll be celebrating Earth Day. While it's known that most plastics will be in our environment for centuries, so it's a good cause to work toward elimination of the plastic packaging. However, it's not just a matter of saving our planet, it's a matter of saving our oil, saving money, and cleaning up all the plastic pollution at the same time. We've become a society which lives in a world composed of more plastic than other materials, and one where nothing lasts anymore because most plastics have a short lifespan.
What can YOU do to cut back on plastics, thus cutting back on oil usage?
Add pictures here
✖
Gee, and all this time I thought it was cause B. Hussein was denying permits to drill and process oil.
Did you know that everytime you buy anything in a plastic package, buy plastic trash bags, accept a plastic store bag, buy your kids plastic toys, and the list goes on...... *YOU* are responsible for high gas prices!!!
What can YOU do to cut back on plastics, thus cutting back on oil usage?
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 18, 4:35 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Gasoline prices are per demand of posting from parent companies. outlets adhere at the risk of losing franchise license.
Why has NO one seriously pointed out that during the worst economic downtown in years and what is reported as 'shrinking' supply, all players in the oil industry posted the highest profits in corporate history? Somehow that seems contradictory.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 09:58:28 -0700 (PDT), Robert Macy

What's so hard to understand? Obama *wants* high energy prices and he's gotten his way. Well, he'd rather raise prices through taxes but he had is shot at that, too.
Add pictures here
✖

IIRC, gas prices have been as high or higher in the not so distant past. Oil production has been rising in the US for years, consumption has been declining, and average gasoline mileage of cars has been increasing for quite a while as well. Oil prices are high because of geopolitical circumstances. War in Syria, threats back and forth with Iran, sanctions against Iran, none of which helps lower the price. Add "maintenance" of refineries here and there in the US (as is usual before switching to funny summer gas), troubles in Africa's oil countries, and SNAFU comes to mind. Remember that acronym?
Oh, yes, drilling rig count is up also, for the umptiest month in a row. Drilling permits are up too. And although I still drive a 2005 Grand Caravan, because I like it, the best way to lower gas prices is to drive less, and/or drive a vehicle with better mileage. Good thing natural gas prices are so low that some of the drilling for natural gas is being suspended. Those lower prices depress oil prices as well.
--
Best regards
Han

Sure, but that's not the point. This one lays *squarely* on Obamma's shoulders. He's even said that he wants it to go *HIGHER*. His ES wants to reach Europeon levels. Nuts!

Oil production has been rising DESPITE Obama. He only controls federal lands. He's all but shut off all such exploration.

Typical leftist, when you run out of material, lie.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 18, 7:16 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

I remember high gas prices, long lines for gas, and being told that we were running out of oil and the only solution was to accept it. It was the late 70s and we had the policies of Jimmy Cartyer, who poured billions into trying to turn shale into oil that produced not one drop. Like today's president, he waged war on the oil industry, placed new taxes on them, and told us to just get used to it. Then Ronald Reagan was elected who reversed all that and within a couple of years oil plumeted to $8 a barrel.
Following a similar scenario, I expect you'll see a substantial decline in the price of oil the minute Romney is elected. We could have as much oil in ANWR as Saudi Arabia, but until we go look, no one will know. Romney and the Republicans want to find out. Obama and the Dems could care less.

Add pictures here
✖
On 3/18/12 6:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

What do you think of the abiotic oil theory?
Add pictures here
✖

where did oil come from? Plant matter. there's no reason why new oil cannot be created,or why oil is not created constantly.
after all,old,depleted wells in TX have refilled and are again producing oil.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Except of course that the process took millions of years.

More oil that was already there may have seeped in. But you do realize that is very different than creating the oil from biomass to begin with? I'd like to see where THAT has occured in wells,.
Add pictures here
✖
Guys, the price of gas was higher around June of 2008 than it is now <http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx .
As for Romney getting to be president, you're wishing for a messiah who'll never come. But, don't despair - Handel's Messiah will come, over and over again. And if you can't wait, you can get it on Amazon or iTunes right now.
--
Best regards
Han

One again, you're trying to confuse people who blame Obama for anything unpleasant with facts. It doesn't work. They believe Obama has a magic "gasoline price setting" machine in the Oval Office that he adjusts every morning. He keeps it right next to his birth certificate forging machine.

over
now.
Stranger things have happened. Newt and Sarah could come out on top in a brokered convention. (-:
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
✖

No magic machine required. Heybub gave you an excellent example of what Obama could do at any time oil prices immediately:
"My fellow Americans,
"In order to hasten the recovery of our economy and reduce inflation, I, as President of the United States, am taking the following actions:
"1. Tomorrow I will direct the Secretary of the Interior to open bids for exploration and production in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve. Further, he will be directed to award winning permits within the next three months.
"2. Also tomorrow, I am waving all objections to the proposed Keystone Pipeline. I hope our Canadian brothers can get to work on this project in the shortest time possible.
"3. In addition to the above, I am renewing all drilling permits in the Gulf of Mexico, and here I am referring specifically to those that were suspended due to the BP oil spill a year ago. Further, all federal moratoriums on offshore exploration and drilling, off any coast, are hereby repealed.
"Thank you and good night. "
Just blocking the Keystone pipeline should cost him the election. I can't wait to here him defend that in a debate.
Add pictures here
✖

OK. That's almost too easy. There were very legitimate concerns about the route of the pipeline as proposed, related to the rather sensitive ecology of the areas through which this thing was going to go. That's the main argument to negotiate another route. By forcing Obama to approve or deny within 60 days, the Republicans who voted that measure in, basically cut their own nose off just to spite their own faces. They just forced the President to say no. When he did so, he also said that he hoped the Canuckistanis would come back soon with a better proposal, which they are working on as you are dreaming right now. There were a whole bunch of other problems with the pipeline, including how many jobs construction and operation would generate, and whether that would really help any unemployment (many of those jobs are very specialized, and won't help general unemployment). In addition, there is considerable disagreement about the "greenness" of the project since cooking those rocks to get the oil out costs a lot of energy, spewing a lot of CO2. I am not sure which side to believe regarding either the jobs or the CO2 etc. Just the inconclusiveness means it should be studied a little (or a lot) more, IMO.
--
Best regards
Han

That's always the excuse the radical environmentalists use to block everything whether it;s a pipeline, windmill, or solar farm.

As opposed to what? Obama had already said he was gonna sit on it until at least after the election. We need energy now.

The Canadians also said they were considering sending the oil to China instead.

Typical lib nonsense. WTF does it matter if it creates 1 job or 10,000 jobs? We need the oil, it comes from a safe, friendly source. Creating jobs, which the pipeline would do, is just another plus. I guess we should let Obama evaluate what creates jobs and instead of just approving a pipeline that doesn't cost the taxpayers a cent and actually brings in tax dollars, we should let him send $500mil to piss away at the likes of Solyndra.

Yes and following that logic, the pipeline will never be built and the oil will go to China. That's what Obama and the libs prefer.
Boy what a great story for the debates and campaign. I can't wait.
Add pictures here
✖

Well, there you have it. Where would the oil go once it got to the end of the pipeline in Louisiana? Yep, you got it, export.
--
Best regards
Han

Yeah, that's a good one to add to the lib list of excuses. Don't build a pipeline because some of the oil from Canada MIGHT be exported. Better Canada should just ship it directly to China, which they will likely do. We could have a pipeline that brings us energy from a safe, local trading partner, adds to our national security, and creates jobs. But we shouldn't do it because some of the oil MIGHT get exported.
But at least it shows your true colors. You'd come up with ANY excuse to justify Obama's blocking it. Another favorite lib excuse you could try is "But if we start on the project today, it won't be available until 4 years from now...."
Add pictures here
✖

1. If that shale oil is as dirty as some say it is (I don't know whether it is, but if ...) then I think the Canucks should take a hint and just leave it where it is. If it is a lot cleaner, then let's talk, but let us make sure of that first.
2. Same way I'm not sure what the ultimate destination is. If it were to be proven that it will be economically refined into useful and cheap oil products for the US market, then let's go ahead and do it. If not, why does it have to go through the US in the first place?
If you think those are liberal excuses, so be it. I think you are just excusing drill baby drill to make the oil companies richer, but prove me wrong, please!
--
Best regards
Han
But at least it shows your true colors. You'd come up with ANY excuse to justify Obama's blocking it. Another favorite lib excuse you could try is "But if we start on the project today, it won't be available until 4 years from now...."
Add pictures here
✖
Maybe Republicans can use the same logic to block B. Hussein from giving more speeches? Think of the yellow bellied snail darters, man!