York Heat Pump PLS Help troubleshoot

The fan runs continuously. except with the breaker I disconnected the thermostat no difference. The controller card doesn't show any signs of problem, and a new one is a couple of hundred bucks to see if it is actually bad. it's a #031-01238-000 controller card.
I noticed that there were connections to the outside unit and the inside thermostat. Could the issue be with the outside unit?
TIA
Probably not, based on what you wrote.
--

Christopher A. Young