York Furnace

Which part of the part number really matters? York Borg Warner 0120G-D1N W07625 1965 Gas Furnace 120 kBTU/HR (96 max bonnet)

How might i get schematics/manual/parts? (eg, I think I need a new fan)

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

W07625 1965 Gas Furnace 120 kBTU/HR (96 max bonnet) How might i get schemat ics/manual/parts? (eg, I think I need a new fan) - = - Vasos Panagiotopou los, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

om/~vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstruct ive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subpr ime Bimbos]

York Borg Warner 0120G-D1N W07625 1965 Gas Furnace

Reply to
hrhofmann

You may find the electrical schematic pasted on one of the panels.

I've never see a fan go bad. Usually, it is the motor that turns the fan. That should be easy enough to check by putting power to it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Also, if he confirms it's the motor and pulls it out, there could be the motor manufacturer's name and model number on it. From that vintage furnace, they probably used standard motors. From the nameplate model # could probably find a replacement from many electric motor suppliers a lot easier than identifying it via York model.

But one also has to wonder why anyone is still using a 1965 vintage gas furnace. It's 120K BTUs, which suggests it's for some serious heating. A new furnace would cut the fuel bills by a LOT. And no matter how much better they made them back then, I'd be worried about the condition of the heat exchanger, safety, etc of a 50 year old furnace.

Reply to
trader4

Look around inside, you should find a wiring diagram. (If there is a contr ol board you will not find a schematic for it but they are usually fairly straight forward.) In heat mode there are typically two scenarios for turn ing on the fan. Either based on a temp sensor placed near the heat exchan ger or a basic timer circuit. Both typically use a relay to handle the hig her fan voltage/current. Sometimes you can hear the relay click on if you pay attention after gas ignition. Use a vom to check for power at the fan leads to figure out if you have a control problem or a bad fan motor. If t he fan motor does not come on the gas should shutdown shortly due to an ove rtemp situation.

Reply to
jamesgang

Hi, If blower motor is older style PSC motor, first thing to check is capacitor. Is the motor dead or humming or jerking trying to turn? Is it getting power?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

THanks for all the advice.

  • Yes, the fan sometimes works, sometimes not. I'm hoping it merely got lose.

  • Schematics inside unit - need to check. Didn't think of this. Much Obliged.

My uncle (80) keeps rebuilding the bathroom fans and he seems set on doing same here. (but he's away for two months) I grew up in this house and have some memory of where things are, but he is a total control freak (and a fabuluous engineer) who basically has everything in his head and doesn't explain.

I opened the furnace panel to get p/n and none were there. They might be in the fan compartment. Nothing seems rusted but it seemed the panels needed a lot more hitting than decades ago to slide them open. I'd like to fix it before he comes back. I know he'll get upset I didn't let him. I don't like burdening him. But I also don't want to break anything.

Thanks again.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at
*+-there could be the motor manufacturer's name and model *+-number on it. From that vintage furnace, they probably *+-used standard motors.

THis is what I was hoping for. I found a lot of "universal" fan motors for the bathroom use online. (But universal sometimes depends on which universe

(-.*)

)

Thanks again

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

In that case when motor quits, check the power to the motor. I don't know how old the unit is, is the fan easy to turn by hand? This is to check motor shaft(bearings) is not binding or sticky. You can get replacement motor from supply store easy.

Reply to
Tony Hwang