Yet another digital thermostat question!

I read through tons of the posts on this group, but none addressed my specific issue. Hopefully, someone can help me figure out how to install my two new digital thermometers. (Lux ATX1500's) Anyway, the problem stems from the fact that I am replacing very old mercury Flair thermostat that has three wires connected to numbers, not letters. Therefore, I don't know how they correspond to the new thermostat. The Flair's are wired as follows: White - #6 Red - #5 Green - #4
I connected the white to RH, which came pre-jumpered to RC on the Lux. Green went to W and Red to Y. While the heat came on, it went up to 80 degrees and didn't come down as I had timed it to. I'm obviously screwing something up.(I've tried several other combinations with the same result) It's a heating only system, and I obviously don't have the cooling mechanism wired correctly. (and maybe more) The documentation doesn't help, and I can't find a thing on the Internet on Flair thermostats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! - Adam
RH is the power in for the heat side (RC is power in for the cool side, but you don't need it with a heat-only system) W is the "call for heat" terminal Y is the A/C compressor terminal, you shouldn't be using it. G is the "blower on" terminal.
Assuming your furnace is wired with standard colors, I'd try Red to 'R', white to 'W' and green to 'G'
-Tim

If those are the flair zone valves I think they are your new stat isn't going to work with them. you need to call a pro to check the system for you. I can't see what you have from here :)
Thanks. I had a feeling that the damn thing was compatible. There's $80 down the drain!(anyone want to buy two brand new Lux ATX 1500 digital thermostats?) Looks like I'm headed to Ebay.
HVACTECH2 wrote:

Thus spake AB:

Try Tim's suggestion before sending it to e-Bay:

--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@bogusdomain.net