Yellow brick road

My little girl has gone bananas over The Wizard of Oz. For Christmas, she wants a yellow brick road. Cute.
Our yard has a flagstone pathway through it. It's basically a bunch of flagstones laid out near one another in a path, with grass growing around and between the stones.
I'm wondering if there's something I can TEMPORARILY paint the stones with to make a yellow brick road, something that won't wash off the first time the sprinklers come on that same day, but something that will wash off over time (even if it takes some scrubbing), yet also something that won't hurt the grass.
Any ideas?
Jim Beaver

Where do you live? Believe it or not, this might be related to an easy solution.

Southern California (San Fernando Valley, to be precise)

Why temporary? Just paint the stones and when you get tired of it turn the stones upside down ;)
--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/

OK - the land of endless sprinkler addiction, isn't it? Isn't there a movement afoot there to get homeowners to plant things intended for that climate?

Trust me, the grass I'm growing is intended for this climate.

Wouldn't it survive for a week without sprinklers, while your daughter enjoyed the novelty bricks?
For youth football and such, they use really cheap latex paint to paint lines and numbers (at least around here). It doesn't kill the grass like a coat of lime does. So latex paint might be an option. Another option is to go online to a sports supplier and get the "real" paint that is used for lines and stuff on big-time sports fields.
If you paint it, remember that paint only adheres as good as you clean the surface, so if you don't clean the surfaces ....
Jim Beaver wrote:

Pat wrote:

On a warm, sunny day mix up some gold tempera paint and wallpaper paste. Couple of thick coats with a roller. Might stain the rock a little bit.
Or buy a cheap runner and paint "bricks" on it (use indoors). Don't forget some red, sparkly high heels :o)
Norminn wrote in message ...

To a real "Wizard of Oz" fan, they're called ruby red slippers. :-)
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

the ones the witch was wearing when the house fell on her?
There must be some water based arts-and-crafts paint you could use.
Anyways be glad all she wants is a yellow brick road. My girl is asking for that American Girl stuff now. Its a new and distinct kind of pain.

mrsgator88 wrote:

Quit your whining. My daughter is dating a rock star.

Ouch!
Norminn wrote:

Just called me from Vegas - getting married tomorrow :o)
mrsgator88 wrote:

I don't have children. I have boys.

How about shutting down the sprinklers for a few days?

may not be achievable without adverse effects to the environment, for example: http://www.longfellowcreek.org/help/athome_04.htm
go for something environmentally safe, if anything at all, for your grandchildren's sake