yellow and white teflon tape

Is there any significant difference between the two tapes? Seamus J. Wilson
Seamus J. Wilson wrote:

Chemically and mechanically maybe, maybe not, depending on brand and SKU. In practical terms the yellow is intended for gas pipes, the white for drinking water.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

The yellow is typically thicker (that's why it's gas-rated--more material in same/fewer wraps).
At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it...based on what old f--t plumber told me wunst upon a time...
dpb wrote:

And yellow ones cost more. Also there is pink ones.
Tony Hwang wrote: ...

Not surprising since is more material on spool...
Tue, Feb 13, 07 at 14:22
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/plumbing/msg0209145828034.html
Please find this in any ASTM or code book and tell me where to find it.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

I have no idea. Just posting a link with reference. Up to the reader to judge it's worth. Just like anything, consider the source.
It MUST be true. I read it on the Internet! Red...