yellow and white teflon tape

Is there any significant difference between the two tapes? Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

Chemically and mechanically maybe, maybe not, depending on brand and SKU. In practical terms the yellow is intended for gas pipes, the white for drinking water.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The yellow is typically thicker (that's why it's gas-rated--more material in same/fewer wraps).

At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it...based on what old f--t plumber told me wunst upon a time...

Reply to
dpb

"Seamus J. Wilson" wrote in news:px2rk.64$9u1.20 @newsfe09.iad:

See: 3rd item down.

RE: Teflon Tape vs. Pipe Thread Compound... * Posted by lazypup ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) on Tue, Feb 13, 07 at 14:22

Red Green

Hi, And yellow ones cost more. Also there is pink ones.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Please find this in any ASTM or code book and tell me where to find it.

Reply to
DanG

Tony Hwang wrote: ...

Not surprising since is more material on spool...

--

Reply to
dpb

"DanG" wrote in news:npbrk.3284$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad:

I have no idea. Just posting a link with reference. Up to the reader to judge it's worth. Just like anything, consider the source.

It MUST be true. I read it on the Internet! Red...

Reply to
Red Green