yards of concrete

Page 1 of 2
formula for required yars for 9'X12'X 4' deep
Avast 'er maty....only one yar required, 'or 'omethin that deep!
Andy replies:
9'X12'x4' is 432 cubic feet
There are 27 cubic feet per cubic yard.
Carry on,
Andy

That's a very thick slab.
Nick

Yeah, on the off chance it was 4" thick it is ((9*12)*(4/12))/27 or about 1 -1/3 yards

That's a Jimmy Hoffa slab.
Steve

Hoffa? remember, he was a fairly big fella......
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:31:04 -0400, "John Beckman"

Easy, 55 gallon drum, about 6.8 cu/ft
It is usually good to calculate the number of cubic yards based on 25 cubic feet per yard, this avoids running short due to spillage and/or for extra deep spots that need more material. Running short can be quite a problem when trying to get it finished before it starts to set, so some overage is always better, unless you are buying from a truck that mixes it as you take it and you pay according to a meter on the truck.

Nice tip. Darrell

Tommy wrote:

Four FEET deep?
15.6
Four inches?
1.32

Damn, that must be a BIG flag pole.
On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:48:15 -0500, "Tommy"

Shortcut ... 81 sq/ft per yard at 4" thick

What is sad is all the tax dollars we give to fund public education. this is fifth grade math. I want my money back.

Remember, Ed. We now live in the liberal era. Whether you are stupid or not doesn't matter. It's most important that you don't feel bad about feeling stupid. Or make some stupid person feel bad about feeling stupid.
HTH.
Steve, who wants to go back to the old ways and days

There you go again Edwin :):)
The little dumb-asses feel good about themselves. Isn't that what really matters?
Colbyt
Yeah, try to get one of the High school genius' to count change back to you at the cash register. They can't do it.
--
Steve Barker

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message

I particularly like it when they wad it into a semi ball and drop it all in your hands, bills, change, and all.
Steve

That's not really quite fair. Every time I've had an encounter with a 16 yo. cashier/food server who couldn't figure out how to make change, there's been another one right next to them rolling their eyes in disgust, and a 17/18 y.o. shift manager shift manager visibly supressing the urge to euthenise the poor stupid bastard on the spot.
THe trouble isn't that nobody who graduates from high-school learns/knows anything, it's that people graduate whether they learn/know anything or not.
I look at it this way: If the people at McDonalds are too stupid to count to six, the economy's in pretty good shape. If the people at McDonalds can rationally discuss relativity, then it's time to look to your hedge fund...
Goedjn wrote:

Excellent! LOL :-)
Mark