Yard Machines tiller experience, anyone?

I have a Yard Machines tiller, 5.5 horse engine, that is about 2.5 years old. It works well enough, but after 2 years (right after the warranty expired) the handle broke. I'm guessing it just isn't strong enough for the tiller. It broke on one side, and it was cracking on the other. So $80 later I have a new handle. The shield above the blades is cracking, and if it continues I'll have to replace that also. I'm begginning to suspect that this just isn't a very high quality machine. Anyone have exprience with Yard Machine tillers, good or bad?
On Thu, 28 May 2009 11:04:03 -0700, "Zootal"

"yard machines" is the low-buck MTD product. Not much to recommend any of their products as the corrugated box they come in is likely to outlast the product itself.

No experience with Yard Machine tillers, no, but if their tillers aren't any better made than their riding lawnmowers, I'm surprised that it lasted as long as it did.