Yard Machines (MTD) Or Homelite For String trimmer ?

Hello:
Want to get a very low cost string trimmer of the weed-wacker variety.
The only two that seem to be offered in the $ 70 range are a model by Yard Machines which I guess is MTD, and one by Homelite.
I realize these are el-cheapos, but any opinions on which brand is "better"
Thanks, B.
Robert11 wrote:

Man, I wouldn't do it if I were you. Spend the extra dough - once. Or spend the $70 range - often.
btw, the biggest pos I've ever had the pleasure of slamming into the garbage can was a crappo "Green Machine" I bought at Target for $69.
I recommend Echo or reasonable facsimile.
Robert11 wrote:

Consider a battery operated one. I have one now and there is no going back for me. I love it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Hi, Until the battery does not hold charge any more? Tony
Tony Hwang wrote:

I had a Ryobi thats battery died after about a year. It was a number of years ago and they probably make better units now, but I find the 2 cycle Echo best for my purposes.
Tony Hwang wrote:

I'm on year three now and if they only last two years it would be worth it. I got a set of trimmer, blower and hedge shears with three batteries.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Robert11 wrote:

Hi, To me lo cost is more cost = false economy. Buy good one, keep it LONG time is the way to go, IMO. Not considering the frustration to go with lo cost one. Tony
I have a Homelite trimmer and leaf blower. Some may argue these are not "Tim Allen" hardened. However, for home use these are pretty good. I had a Paramount trimmer (from Builders' Square (K-Mart)) and it was horrible ... went for $10 at a garage sale.
Robert11 wrote:

I also have a Homelite leaf blower and have enjoyed a reliable machine for about a year. Given, it's light to moderate use; but I've enjoyed it - and its mulching capacity too.
Don't know how their weed whackers stack up. I have a Ryobi that was $20-30 more than your $70, and it's been fantastic.
Good luck! Squanklin

I bought a MTD 3 years ago at Kent (canadian hardware store) for 99$ CAN and it works really good. it's a 25cc 2 cycle engine. Nothing fancy but it works :c)
Christian