Ya gotta hand it to innovative thieves!!

The latest trend in my area...
Thieves are stealing outside air conditioning compressors. They just pull the fuses...cut the lines...and haul them away! 6 of them so far!
Ya gotta love it!
Have a nice week...
Trent
In my area the punks are huffing all the freon out of folks' a/c units. It would be a lot quicker for them if they would just let me shoot 'em in the head.

quoting:

This reminds me of the person who removed all the copper pipes in a large fabrication shop, yet he managed to bypass all the tools and equipment, including a $500 air compressor sitting right out.
My hubby once had a friend whom he helped with her rental units, fixing and maintaining. They had a renter who moved out and stole the furnace :o)
RamblinOn wrote:

Fixin, maintain what? hell she probably gave it your ol man for servicin her.

While on a business trip to Washington DC, I saw many auto plates with the corners cut out. Thieves were cutting out the validation stickers ($50 a wack) with tin snips in parking lots and selling the stickers on the street.
Phisherman wrote:

they were doing the same thing in my state, the sticker just had a number on it like 12345678 with the exp. date like July 95... well they(the state) finally figured out to put the license plate number on the sticker so it will not match another plate.... it really cut down on the thefts.

Texas moved their validation stickers to the inside of the windshield several years ago. During the transition period, some people got pulled over while driving in other states because the cop following them saw what they thought was an expired tag. (The officer who pulled over a friend of mine seemed to take it personally - as though the state of Texas were out to waste his time, especially :-)
-Wm