XL pipeline from Alberta to Texas

Page 3 of 3

I would expect the rate of development and the amount they extract would depend on the ease/cost of getting it to market.

I'd bet few of the people of the people opposed to this pipeline would describe themselves as "hippies". I would be very surprised if the ranchers that don't want it across their land answered to "hippie". Or the owners of the independent refinery that filed suit.
Even the environmentalists that seem to be the folks you are targeting probably don't use the term. The last enclave of hippies that I know of are in Santa Clara, CA. They probably use the term "senior".
-- Doug