xfinity

For those on comcast Internet. I was looking for a thread, can't find I here.
If you have a wifi device, tablet, etc, you can connect in certain areas, states, with xfinity hot spots. If you see infinity in wifi, connect, then look for some kind of popup. Login user pswd. I connected with a station on my street. I'll look for the website info.
Greg

http://www.comcast.com/wifi/default.htm?SCRedirect=true&CMP=KNC-IQ_ID_60959352-VQ2-g-VQ3--VQ6-54777483449-VQ16-t-pkw-xfinity%20hotspots-pmt-e&iq_id `959352
Greg

More info
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8443/20140613/comcast-wants-to-turn-your-router-into-wi-fi-hotspots-why.htm
Greg
On 06/21/2014 03:44 AM, gregz wrote:

Why is the techtimes web site so effin slow? Is it all the crap that the site tries to load on my computer?
Glad I'm running Linux!!!!
alt.home.repair:

I'm ever so mildly glad you're glad, but Linux has nothing to do with it.
On 6/21/2014 12:37 PM, Nil wrote:

My last computer apparently became so virus infested that son could not cure it and replaced Vista OS with Linux. Worked fine in his house on ether net but in my house on wifi it would not connect. Maybe that's what he means ;)
On 06/21/2014 12:37 PM, Nil wrote:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.
alt.home.repair:

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his browser is slow.
On 06/21/2014 10:33 PM, Nil wrote:

Who said Linux was the cause of slow page loading?

That was the implication. If that's not what he was referring to, why would he even mention it? Thats like saying, "Wow, this traffic is heavy! I'm glad my car is blue!"
On 06/22/2014 02:06 PM, Nil wrote:

Why would you want a blue car in traffic?
On 06/22/2014 03:45 PM, Rick wrote:

The blue ones run Linux under the hood?
alt.home.repair:

My point exactly.