xenon puck lights

Are these xenon puck lights a fire hazard to use inside or under kitchen cabinets? What are the drawbacks?
http://www.lampsplus.com/Products/UnderCabinet/33171

They should be alright if you adhere to the xenon bulb wattage maximum for the fixture. I have xenon low voltage fixtures under my cabinets, and they run pretty warm, but I keep them on the "low" setting on the two-position switch. The light quality is excellent; much warmer than most fluorescents. I note that the ones you reference have slots for ventilation - a good feature.
They are safe in those locations, the drawbacks are that each puck has two wires coming out of it that has to be connected to a transformer that has to be installed in an electrical box of some sort and fed with 120 volts, so they can get messy

I installed some of these in some display shelving in my office. Mine are 120V to the bulb. Rather than run a bazillion cords like the instructions said, I simply spliced the wires (using rated splicing terminals) and each row of lights simply is "chained" together (electrically parallel, of course).
I would think you could do the same thing with the low voltage ones. The only reason they make you home-run everything is they have to idiot-proof them.
-Tim

Hey, PUCK YOU !!!! <lol>
LOL