xenon puck lights

They should be alright if you adhere to the xenon bulb wattage maximum for the fixture. I have xenon low voltage fixtures under my cabinets, and they run pretty warm, but I keep them on the "low" setting on the two-position switch. The light quality is excellent; much warmer than most fluorescents. I note that the ones you reference have slots for ventilation - a good feature.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

Are these xenon puck lights a fire hazard to use inside or under kitchen cabinets? What are the drawbacks?

NW

They are safe in those locations, the drawbacks are that each puck has two wires coming out of it that has to be connected to a transformer that has to be installed in an electrical box of some sort and fed with 120 volts, so they can get messy

Reply to
RBM

I installed some of these in some display shelving in my office. Mine are

120V to the bulb. Rather than run a bazillion cords like the instructions said, I simply spliced the wires (using rated splicing terminals) and each row of lights simply is "chained" together (electrically parallel, of course).

I would think you could do the same thing with the low voltage ones. The only reason they make you home-run everything is they have to idiot-proof them.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer

Hey, PUCK YOU !!!!