X-10 switch

This probably belongs in one of the home automation groups but I no longer have time to read them and I suspect some cross polination into a.h.r...
I have an old X-10 wall switch. Works fine remotely. If I want to manually turn it on or off, I have to press it several times. It will switch when I press it, but will switch back when I release it until I press and release several times.
Any suggested solutions other than remove, toss, and replace?

JUST THE NAME MAKES ME SHAKE!! All I can think of when I hear X-10 is POP UP HELL!!
DON"T SUPPORT A COMPANY THAT JUST ABOUT INVENTED POP UPS!
rich
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:58:55 -0500, "Geoman^^" <Geo2> wrote:

X-10 also names the protocol (121KHz signals sent on 0-crossings of AC). Other companies make products that use it.
Of the X10 devices I have, those made by Levi ton and other companies seen to be more reliable.

Mark Lloyd
"Geoman^^" <Geo2> wrote in message

OMG, the X-10 web site is the absolute worst in the world. If you need accessories, go to www.smarthome.com for a better shopping trip.
X 10 GM built in 3 button garage door openers control them, Nice to turn on extra lights from your car. You use one button for on one for off, or both for on and turn off inside your home.
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:41:30 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

I did not know that.. Is that the GM Homelink system? My vehicle has that, all I've used it for is to open the garage doors! I didn't know I could control X10 with it. I'm going to go look for my vehicle manual now...
GM wont tell you that but its all x 10 protical anyway, even luetron. GM wants you to buy "Their" system, which it is not.

Yes, the same way you program the garage button, you can program the X10 or Smart Home setup. You need a module with the radio receiver and a transmitter to program with. It is nice to be able to come home late and push a button to turn a light on in the house.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Likely any 3 button garage door capable set up could trigger X10. Its all RF.