WTK: Best way to moisture proof a basement closet

I am planning to build a walk-in closet in my basement, to be used for storage of various items. My basement is currently unfinished, though I had painted the walls with drylock to try and reduce moisture, which is an ongoing struggle. I would like the closet to be as close to "moisture-proof" as possible. I was considering using 2x4's for framing, and plywood for wallboard (instead of sheetrock). As a vapor barrier, I'm considering lining the entire closet with 6-mil plastic, sandwiched between the plywood and the 2x4's. Has anyone tried using 6-mil plastic to prevent moisture from entering a closet? any feedback is appreciated.
If you have drylock on the walls it is already a vapor barrier. Do not get 2 vapor barriers in a wall, you could trap moisture in the wall and cause it to rot. Otherwise the 6-mil plastic should work.
Stretch
The closet is in the basement so it will be the basements humidty or higher as it is on an outside wall without air circulation. If you want it lower run a dehumidifier.
1 coat, even 7 coats of drylock will not fully stop water under pressure, therefore it is not a 100% moisture barrier. Yes Ive used 7 coats many times in leakers, and some moisture still pushes through. Dyrlock is cement -rubber cement is not a moisture barrier

You will never stop moisture from the inside. If you have a moisture problem, you have to stop it from the outside. First you have to keep excess moisture away from your home. That means the ground all the way around your home must slope away from your home at least 10 feet and I suggest 20. If that does not do it, then it starts getting expensive; digging out around your home to provide proper sealing of the exterior walls and drainage at the bottom of the wall.
As for the closet, if you really want it in the basement, I suggest making it free standing (not sharing a wall with an outside basement wall) and providing forced ventilation bringing air in from the living area of your home.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

The OP mentions that the basement is currently unfinished. So; 1) Is it moisture from outside leaking in? Or; 2) Maybe it is condensation of warm (and therefore slightly humid) house air on the cool walls and surfaces of the basement? If #2 it is an entirely different problem to 'waterproofing basement walls' to stop external water from seeping in!