Wrought iron canopy beds

After the remodel, SWMBO wants a wrought iron canopy bed for our bedroom. I've always fancied them myself so I suppose she'll get what she wants. In my searches I've found tremendous variety in styles and prices, from plain and simple to highly ornate, from $200 up to several thousand.
I guess one of my biggest fears is ending up with a bed that will be flimsy and noisy (wobbly and creaky, etc.) despite tight connections and heavy iron bars. I'm a metalworker, so I could weld everything together solid but I figure if I spend $1000 or more on a bed frame, it better not move more than 1/8" in any direction when I tighten all the bolts, and I most definitely shouldn't have to make any after-market modifications.
If you own (or have owned) a wrought iron bed, how do you like it? Would you recommend it to others and if not why not? Care to share brand, purchase price, experiences* good or bad?
-chib
*Keep them clean. :)
--
(email: change out to in)

<< If you own (or have owned) a wrought iron bed, how do you like it? Would you recommend it to others and if not why not? Care to share brand, purchase price, experiences* good or bad?
-chib
Does an ornate white-enameled brass bed count? I've had mine for 14 years and it's in very good shape . Brand: Brass Beds of Virginia. It was assembled for me, rather quickly, and has been as solid as Mount Rushmore ever since. See if they have a canopied bed in their catalog or online: http://www.brassbedofva.com /
*Keep them clean. :)
--
(email: change out to in)

Subject: Wrought iron canopy beds
We had a nice one customized for us. From an esthetic point of view it looks very nice. However, I became very fed up with the squeeks. Not sure if there is a remedy for this or not...but did try.