Wrong brick being replaced on brand-new home...

I agree, but this brick is so ugly, you have to see it to believe it. The first thing that crossed my mind was how to get the brick to stay on for free -- but it just isn't sane to do it.

Reply to
jeff80

Btw, the builder is Pulte -- for whatever it's worth

Reply to
jeff80

If you're real worried about them doing the removal and re-bricking correctly, I would go have a chat with the building inspector. He may then keep a better eye on it for you, particularly if he has to be in the project to do other inspections anyway.

Reply to
trader4

In that case, you'll have to demand re-construction.

Building on the suggestion of another poster, try and seek written agreement to some kind of inspection by you and your agent/representative (in addition to anything required by local codes) after demolition and making good but before rebuilding.

If you're really concerned this builder may cut corners leaving vapor barriers, seals etc. of questionable integrity, it might even be worth hiring someone to help keep the builder honest and on the right track ;-)

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Gosh you're correct, I wanted to say workmanship. My builder did fix repairs at their cost.

-- Oren

Oren